This selection of text-based productions and performances of new Czech plays was prepared for the Hi PerformanCZ: Visitors’ Program organised by the Arts and Theatre Institute.
The program will contain performances with English subtitles, discussions with artists and production teams, lectures or presentations and visits to venues in Prague and in Brno. You can look forward to productions from the following theatres: Centre for Experimental Theatre (Terén, Goose on a String Theatre, HaDivadlo Theatre), National Theatre, Prague City Theatres (ABC), Pod Palmovkou Theatre, and Theatre on the Balustrade.
Free accommodation, tickets and networking activities are available for a limited number of visitors.
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 / Brno
- 08:00 Departure from Prague.
- 11:30 Introduction of PYL Reality Surfing
- 12:00 PYL Reality Surfing, Terén (60 min)
- 13:15 Lunch & Meeting with the Centre for Experimental Theatre representatives.
- 16:00 Introduction of Silent Tarzan, Goose on a String Theatre.
- 16:30 Silent Tarzan (95 min)
- 18:30 Introduction of Perception, HaDivadlo Theatre
- 19:00 Perception (80 min)
- 20:30 Final meeting & discussion.
- 22:00 Departure to Prague.
Thursday, January 27
- 15:00 - 17:00 Visit to DAMU (The Academy of Performing Arts in Prague)
- 17:30 - 18:30 Visit to the Prague City Theatres, tour with Daniel Přibyl
- 19:00 Oedipus Rex, National Theatre (105 min)
A discussion with Nina Jacques and Jan Frič will follow.
19:00 Hamlet, ABC Theatre (180 min)// This performance had to be canceled due to covid
Friday, January 28, 2022
- 11:00 - 13:00 Politics and Society in Contemporary Czech Theatre with Viktorie Vášová and Michal Hába; moderated by Martina Pecková Černá and Michal Zahálka / The Arts and Theatre Institute
- 19:00 I am a Country, National Theatre / The Estates Theatre (140 min)
- 19:00 Nora (A Doll’s House), Pod Palmovkou Theatre (140 min)
A discussion with Michal Lang (director), Daria Ullrychová (head dramaturg) and leading actors Tereza Dočkalová and Jan Teplý will follow.
Saturday, January 29, 2022
11:00 Lost Illusions, Theatre on the Balustrade (180 min)// This performance had to be canceled due to covid
- 13:30 Lunch at Theatre on the Balustrade, including an introduction to the theatre and discussion
- Free time
- 18:00 Marysha, National Theatre (105 min)
- 20:00 Woodcutters, Theatre on the Balustrade (110 min)
- Farewell Drink.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any enquiries you may have:
Martina Pecková Černá
Head of International Cooperation Department
Radka Lím Labendz
International Cooperation Department