TRANSPORT FROM AIRPORT
The connection between Václav Havel Airport Prague and Prague city centre is provided by public transport bus lines which operate at regular few-minute intervals. Bus stops are located directly in front of terminals.
To get to Prague city centre the fastest by public transport, we recommend taking the 119 bus (Terminal 1/Terminal 2 – Veleslavín train station) and changing to metro Line A.
Public transport bus rides are subject to regular Prague Public Transport Fares (including pre-paid passes). Bus rides do not need to be booked in advance. The passengers must buy a ticket before onboarding. Prague Airport is not the provider of the service.
More info: www.prg.aero/en/transport-airport
If you are visiting Prague for the first time, there is no need to be overwhelmed by the transportation system. The city transit system – whether tram, metro, or bus – is generally very comfortable, clean and quite reasonably priced.
Please note that the tickets must be validated before you enter the metro premises or as soon as you get on a tram or a bus. For adult persons (over 15 years old) following tickets are available:
- 30 minutes CZK 30
- 90 minutes CZK 40
- 24 hours CZK 120
- 72 hours CZK 330
Tickets can be purchased via machines found in most of the metro/tram stations, in newspaper/tobacco kiosks and small grocery shops. Detailed information about public transport as well as trains and buses is available online here: www.idos.cz.
Below you will find the map of metro system:
TAXI / LIFTAGO / UBER
Taxi stands can be found at the main train station, at the airport, and outside the hotels
and many tourist sites. Most Prague taxi drivers speak English. These are the official Prague taxi fares:
- TICK TACK www.ticktack.cz M: +420 721 300 300
- AAA Taxi www.aaataxi.cz T: +420 14 014
- CITYTAXI www.citytaxi.cz T: +420 257 257 257
A good alternative to taxi is also Uber or Liftago – both of these companies offer their services in whole Prague area through the mobile applications.
GENERAL CONTACT AND INFORMATION
- Václav Havel Airport Prague - T +420 220 111 888
- Emergency - T: 112
- Police - T: 158
- Ambulance - T: 155
- Fire Brigade - T: 150
- Na Homolce Hospital - Roentgenova 2, Praha 5, T: +420 257 271 111
- Canadian Medical - Na Poříčí 1041/12, Praha 1, T: +420 222 300 300
- Dental Karlín - Peckova 9, Praha 8, M: +420 607 029 829
- Millenium Dental Care - V Celnici 10, Praha 1, T: +420 221 033 405
- Palackého Clinic Palackého 5, Praha 1 T: +420 224 947 7111
- Int. Phone Numbers - T: 1181
- Local Phone Numbers - T: 1180
- Call Rates - T: 0800 123 456
MAIN POST OFFICE open daily (a break from midnight till 2 am)
- Pošta Praha 1 - Jindřišská 14, T +420 221 131 111